Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rub My Head, Please!

Baby Zachary is like his mother, I think. J wants to deny this. E is more like me: a city kid, into reading and school, sensitive, and more. Not the tough-talking country boy like his Daddy. So J insists Zachary is the one who is going to take after him. But we know there is one thing he got from me.

When I was little, my mother would help me go to sleep by playing with my hair. Still, to this day, it makes me fall asleep. I doze off in salons, even. If I am having trouble falling asleep, J will play with my hair and it works everytime.

Last night, Zachary was kicking up a storm. And it was actually hurting, as this is not some little tiny zygote anymore, but a 5 1/2 pound baby boy. I could feel his little head, right there above my belly button. He's in there, curled up, with legs pointing down. So I just started rubbing the area where his little head is, and he stopped. When I stopped, he started up again. We did this a few times, and finally I just sat there rubbing my belly for a while. Not long after, I stopped feeling movement other than a few twitches. I really think I put him to sleep by rubbing his head! It was so stinikin' cute that I could barely stand it.

1 comment:

  1. Aaawwwww! Your post brought me to tears. How precious.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers