Friday, April 9, 2010

30 Wks, 4 Days: Surely Not

J and I were sitting in the living room last night. Well, I wasn't sitting, but reclining. We had eaten dinner, and I had that feeling I get these days after I eat anything. There is no more room in my body. But this time, it felt even worse, so I hitched up my t-shirt to look, and J and I found the top of my uterus, which should be between 5 to 6 inches from my belly button at this stage in the game.

Hmmmmm. Between excess amniotic fluid and a big baby, I knew I was measuring big for dates--about 3 weeks ahead to be exact. But this?

We measured, and got about 9 and a half inches. NINE!!!!! If you picture 9 and a half inches from your belly button, you would think this is impossible. I assure you, I am not exaggerating. So the convo went like this:

J: "The doctor is gonna deliver you next week!"

Me: "Nah....He's big, but he isn't ready yet. And besides, some of this is excess fluid."

J: "He would if he were the one having to carry that around! No wonder you can't eat anymore. Or breathe." (He's sounding really worried, bless his heart!)

Me: "Well,this is what happens. I didn't carry like this with E, so you didn't notice then."

J: "But Andrea..."

Me: "Well, it's not like I'm going to spontaneously explode or anything, right?"

At this point, Diet Dr. Pepper comes shooting out of J's nose as he cracks up laughing.

Me: "I mean, it's not like I'm a container of Jiffy Pop and the foil covering is going to burst if I keep it cooking.... I'm going to ask the doctor at my appointment on Tuesday."

J: "You do that, and I am going to leave you there!"

So now I am wondering, since I am a repeat c-section, does it matter? I mean, it's not like he's going to come out down there. But then again, can a too-big uterus cause my old scar to split? Can I literally burst?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers