Thursday, April 1, 2010

29 Wks, 3 Days: What I'm Feeling Now

Ummm. Heartburn. Decreased Appetite. I get winded more easily. Baby Z pressing against my liver, stomach, bladder, and any other internal structure of mine that I hold sacred. Peeing all of the time. Swelling feet. Difficulty sleeping.

But what is the worst? My poor hips. Well, mainly my left hip.

It seems I get stuck. When I sit in a position too long (errr more like recline). When I lay in a position too long. When I try to get up to go to the bathroom. J literally has to move me at times. Or if I am trying to stand, I have to wrap my arms around his neck and let him help by lifting me to a standing position. Then when I try to walk? Ha! I wobble to-and-fro, limping like an arthritic 90-year-old. And the pain? Sharp, aching, dull, throbbing, you name it. It is all of the above, depending on what I am doing at the time. If you have ever sat in a position too long and get that feeling like your hip is out of socket? Well, that is what it feels like all of the time. And it spreads all the way down my leg to my knee. That leg was already dysfunctional: I had my knee reconstructed years ago from an ACL tear, leaving me some nasty arthritis in the knee. But this kinda sucks a little bit.

I'm sure it's nothing abnormal. It's more than likely the result of Baby Humongo and his gigantic uterine home, causing things to stretch and spread beyond their intended capacity. Right now, I am grateful that it is unilateral. I at least have one fully-functioning leg.

J doesn't like it though. When I go to the bathroom, he follows me so closely that if I were to abruptly stop, he'd break his nose on the back of my cranium. It's comical to watch from an outside perspective, I'm sure. I wobble and limp, and he follows with both of his arms outstretched on either side of me, ready should I fall. He keeps threatening to get his gait belt out of his nursing school bag-o-tricks, but that is not advisable with pregnant women. So instead, we do this little dance of sorts every time I have to ambulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers