Wednesday, March 3, 2010

25 wks, 1 day, still: A New One at the Call Center?

Ha! Hahaha!

I have to run at least one strip on my home monitor once a day, no matter how I am feeling. By now, I am sure they know when I am having a good day, because my strip is usually transmitted in the evening. More like an afterthought to a good day. As in "Oh, I haven't contracted like crazy today and they are probably wondering where I am...."

Tonight was one of those nights. J and I worked together in the kitchen to cook some penne, then the three of us stuffed our faces to the point that I felt like I had no room to breathe between Zachary's delicious little squirms and kicks, and my full-to-bursting stomach. Then I strapped myself to the monitor as I lay on the sofa, waiting anxiously for the long beeeeeeeep that tells me the hour is up. So I could move, and find a better position for breathing. (Note to self: stop eating so much when it makes you feel so miserable!)

So J transmits the recording for me while I get comfy, and the nurse from the call center telephones to let me know she has reviewed the strip. She seems alarmed that I had 2 moderate contractions. That's all. 2. I giggle at this and explain that 2 in an hour is wonderful for me, and serves as further proof that it has indeed been a good day. And I joke that as long as they aren't more numerous and coming every 2 to 3 minutes, we are good. I don't think she knows how to take me. She keeps asking if I feel okay, and seems puzzled when I tell her I feel great. I decide that she must be new. Or she hasn't seen one of my strips or heard of me before.

J and I get a good laugh out of this. We probably shouldn't. It really isn't funny. But we have to find some humor in it. In the crazy rollercoaster ride. If not, we will go insane.

1 comment:

  1. I just looked at your blog. (You commented on mine) Congrats on your pregnancy. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your pregnancy doesn't get too eventful for you. I have no idea what it's like to have PTL but I could only imagine how hard and frustrating it is.

    Much luck, much love
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers