Wednesday, March 3, 2010

25 wks: I Can't

So we bought everything, I think. There are still odds and ends that will come up. I haven't bought bottles yet. And we need more bibs. And a highchair and swing. J's mom is buying those for us when she comes up when we have Z. I have already bought the matching carseat, stroller, and playyard. We have the crib bedding and changing table. It's all set up and ready for Baby Z. And the child has more clothes than I will know what to do with. The little outfits are all hanging there on their pristine tiny blue hangers. The dresser drawers are stocked with tiny socks and onesies and sleepers.

So what can't I do? I cannot manage to finish what I have started. This wouldn't be a big deal for most women in my condition. I, after all, have months to go before Z's planned arrival. But I am approaching the last trimester. According to the baby books, these are my last weeks in the second trimester, as a matter of fact. I should finish up my preparations. This is one of my pregnancies. Meaning Zachary could come any time. Or I could be put in the hospital indefinitely at any time. Anything can happen. I should be ready. But I can't. I just can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers