Wednesday, March 3, 2010

24 wks, 5 days: Never So Happy To Be So Embarrassed

Seriously? I tried to stay away. I get tired of having to call my doctor all of the time. I hate going to labor and delivery.

But we are sitting there. Watching television. And I feel something wet. Gross, I know. It came after a mild contraction. Then again, and again. I check it out, and my panties are soaked. Eww. I didn't pee. I don't have any crazy discharge. I try to smell it, and reach no conclusion.

I try everything to discern if this is me leaking amniotic fluid. I even resort to some pretty crazy things that are too embarrassing to mention. I call L&D and find someone working that I know. I try. I try. I try. I just left OB Mecca and the mag sulfate drip behind me this morning. I don't want to go back to the hospital. J has to study for a test, and I don't want to let him down. But of course they tell me to come in.

It wasn't fluid. We don't know what it was, and don't think it was urine either from the odor. But it was embarrassing. But I was so happy I didn't care. My RN friends laughed as I hung out with them at the nurses station, throwing my hands up in triumph, exclaiming "YES! I may have peed my pants!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers